Lazy Weekend: Going to the movies for Mom’s Day
Posted May 7, 2016on:
A good Saturday and weekend to you Widdershins!
I thought that for a change of pace this weekend we might look at some movies and more specifically some movies about moms since Sunday is Mother’s Day. A number of choices came to my mind almost immediately and with the help of the google machine a few other interesting choices popped up. Sometimes the portrayals of moms in the movies weren’t the best and sometimes the movie moms had some bratty or problem-children to deal with. Below are some of my choices. Please share your choices in the comments.
(1) Steel Magnolias – 1989 Yeah this one’s almost a given.
(2) I Remember Mama – 1948 – Irene Dunn This is a lovely little movie that you should catch whenever you can
(3) Mask – 1985 Cher and Eric Stoltz Cher plays unconventional Mom Rusty
(4) Terms of Endearment – 1983 Shirley MacLaine and Debra Winger
(I used to call this one Terms of Endurance because of Aurora)
(5) Mildred Pierce – 1945 Good Joan Crawford
(6) Mommie Dearest – 1981 Bad/mean Joan Crawford
(7) White Heat – 1949 James Cagney Remember what I said about problem children?
Okay, those are my selections. Please add any clips you wish below. And a Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. Oh! And have a mint julep when you watch the Kentucky Derby today!
20 Responses to "Lazy Weekend: Going to the movies for Mom’s Day"
Comments are closed.