Lazy Weekend: Jon, We Hardly Knew Ye
Posted August 8, 2015on:
Good Saturday, Widdershins. Yes, I’m making a guest appearance, and I send much thanks and love to Fredster and Prolix for covering me while I was on hiatus. I missed the companionship and the bon mots that all my friends at TW add to my life.
I’m really going to miss Jon Stewart. In fact, I find myself getting tearful at the thought of a world without him. Not that he is dead or in hiding – it’s just that no matter how dismal the world’s outlook may have seemed, I could always count on Jon to restore some perspective and leave me howling with laughter. I read somewhere that he now plans to lobby Congress, the thought of which has me rubbing my hands together like a happy cricket. Widdershins, this could just about redefine “awesome”.
In the interim, let’s celebrate sixteen years of good fun by commemorating the best of The Daily Show. Post your favorites, or otherwise anything else that you might like to share with the class. The floor is open.
(1) Jon Stewart vs, Fox News – “Adios, MF-ers”
(2) Aasif Mandvi – “Return of the Simplot Conspiracy”
(3) Jon Stewart – Trump Runs for President
(4) Jon Stewart – Democalypse 2016
(5) Jon Stewart – That’s What I Call Being Completely F-ing Wrong
(6) Jon Stewart – Rage Against the Rage Against the Machine
34 Responses to "Lazy Weekend: Jon, We Hardly Knew Ye"
Comments are closed.