Lazy Weekend Music: This One’s For the Girl
Posted May 22, 2015on:
Happy Friday, Widdershins. And has this not been a fascinating week? The news has been grim – biker gang shootouts in Waco (what is it about Waco that gives so many iterations of Waco Wackos to the world?), worsening news in the Middle East (while democracy is messy, this is way past messy), while Jeb Bush looks like he has never even run for President of the Stamp Club. Fascinating though it might be, I’m ready to leave it all behind and spend the weekend listening to music.
Last week we made many helpful suggestions for campaign music to the Republicans, and today we should give equal time to the Democrats. To be completely fair, the Democratic nomination is not a done deal. Feel free to post suggestions for Martin O’Malley and Bernie Sanders, as well as your thoughts for Hillary Clinton in this open thread.
(1) To Martin O’Malley, former Mayor of Baltimore/Governor of Maryland: This Is My Town, by Montgomery Gentry
(2) To Bernie Sanders, Senator : Share the Land, by The Guess Who
And now, for Hillary Clinton:
(3) Roar, by Katy Perry (suggested by the artist herself)
(4) What Doesn’t Kill You, by Kelly Clarkson
(5) I Am Woman, by Helen Reddy
38 Responses to "Lazy Weekend Music: This One’s For the Girl"
Comments are closed.