Holiday Weekend Music: Happy Easter and Good Pesach to All
Posted April 4, 2015on:
Good holidays, Widdershins. Just occasionally, the calendars of two great religions blend holidays into one time period, and this weekend is one such instance. Christianity has marked Holy Week, which will terminate tomorrow, and Judaism commenced Passover on Friday, and it will end next week. So, for a three day period – yesterday, today, and tomorrow – we are at a time and a place that is sacred to both traditions.
There is a fair amount of religious music available for these occasions, as well as secular music for new beginnings. Let’s post those and anything else that comes to mind while enjoying a two day break from the commotion surrounding us.
This is an open thread.
(1) Dayanu – Trad. Passover Song
(2) Jesus Christ Is Risen Today – Trad. Easter Hymn
(3) Down In the River To Pray – Appalachian Folk Hymn
(4) Beginnings – Chicago
(5) From the Beginning – Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
(6) Brand New Day – Sting
(7) Foggy Dew – Trad. Irish song of the Easter Rebellion, 1916
35 Responses to "Holiday Weekend Music: Happy Easter and Good Pesach to All"
Comments are closed.