Lazy Weekend Movies: The Oscars
Posted February 20, 2015on:
Happy Friday, Widdershins! This weekend brings all of the glitz and glamour of the Oscars, where the best and the brightest are honored – or just plain snubbed.
I am far from a film critic. I could not call myself a connoisseur with a straight face. I do, however, really enjoy a good movie, a great performance, and amazing film. Therefore I watch the Oscars most years. Some years I completely understand the choices, and others find me dumbfounded, and wondering what the hey I must have missed when I say the film. Who knows? Certainly not me.
I suggest that we pay tribute to the Oscars by posting our favorites of all time. Any year, any category – whatever you like will be fine. I’ve selected one in five different categories, and am anticipating yours, so post away in this otherwise open thread.
(1) Best Picture – “The Graduate”, 1967
(2) Best Actor – George C. Scott for “Patton”, 1970
(3) Best Actress – Sally Field for “Norma Rae”, 1979
(4) Best Original Score for a Musical – Saul Chaplin, Johnny Green, Sid Ramin, and Irwin Kostal for “West Side Story”, 1961
(5) Best Cinematography – John Toll, for “Braveheart”, 1995.
Have a great weekend, y’all.
31 Responses to "Lazy Weekend Movies: The Oscars"
Comments are closed.