Lazy Weekend Music: A Pirate’s Life For Me
Posted September 19, 2014on:
Good weekend, Widdershins. Thanks to all who suffered through the Scottish Referendum with me yesterday. The good fight was fought, though the battle not won. The best thing to do is to honor International Talk Like a Pirate Day, which is truly fitting, as many young Scottish men eluded the crown by taking to the high seas.
So, avast ye swabs! Hoist the mizzen mast, lower the boom and prepare to set sail through an ocean of pirate related songs. Feel free to choose songs with jewel and gold oriented themes, plunder of any sort, and just plain sailing.
An’ should ye wish to talk like a pirate, here’s some hints for this open thread. Arrr!
(1) A Pirate Looks at Forty – Jimmy Buffet
(2) Fifteen Men On A Dead Man’s Chest – Trad. Sea Chanty
(3) Le Chant du Pirate – Edith Piaf
(4) Pirate Song – Ray Stevens
(5) He’s a Pirate (Disney theme) – Taylor Davis
35 Responses to "Lazy Weekend Music: A Pirate’s Life For Me"
Comments are closed.