Lazy Sunday Music: Post Tryptophan Edition
Posted December 1, 2013on:
Good Sunday, Widdershins.
I don’t know how y’all are feeling, but I’m still semi-somnolent. The tryptophans are wearing off, but I’m still tired from Thanksgiving, exhausted and saddened by the end of CFB season, and looking around at the amount of stuff that needs to be done to get ready for Christmas. The BFF retrieved the Christmas stuff from my storage facility, and I do not exaggerate when I tell you that every flat surface of my living room, dining room, and hall are littered with potential joy. There’s just not a lot of time to be allotted for a post Thanksgiving collapse. Stimulus is required, and quickly, please.
I’ve made my list of five songs that might just get me going, and I’d appreciate your input. Please post any tunes that come to mind, and anything else that’s on your mind, in this wide open thread.
(1) Conga – Miami Sound Machine, 1985
(2) Shout – The Isley Brothers, 1967
(3) Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy – Big and Rich, 2004
(4) Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson, 1967
(5) Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry, 1976
(6) Banana Boat Song – Harry Belafonte, 1956
27 Responses to "Lazy Sunday Music: Post Tryptophan Edition"
Comments are closed.