Lazy Sunday Music: Catharsis
Posted April 21, 2013on:
Good Sunday, Widdershins.
After a week fraught with tensions, it’s time for large and frequent doses of musical catharsis. Release those strong, repressed feelings through the music of any genre. As far as I’m concerned, music is cathartic when you want to turn it up and chase the feeling away. Then you know that you actually have a cathartic song.
The songs can be happy.
The songs can be sad.
The songs can be light,
The songs can be dark.
Whatever. As long as turning it on and turning it up seems to lighten your load, it’s cathartic. Here are mine, in no particular order in this otherwise open thread.
(1) Troy – Sinead O’Connor, 1987
(2) Forget You – Cee Lo Green, 2010
(3) Piano Concert 2, Opus 18 – Rachmaninoff,1900-01
(4) Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley. 1994
(5) Learning to Fly – Pink Floyd,1987
36 Responses to "Lazy Sunday Music: Catharsis"
Comments are closed.