Contemplative Wednesday: Deep Pre-Vacation Thoughts
Posted June 20, 2012on:
Well Widdershins, it’s that time again. For the next couple of weeks, I will be on my annual vacation, this time with a pre-beach visit to Napa valley to participate in the wedding of my brother to his lovely fiancee. (Yes, we approve wholeheartedly. I’m gaining a sister – and maybe a niece or nephew soon! Woot woot!) But you know me – I don’t leave without parting gifts! So today, I give you: Deep Pre-Vacation Thoughts.
DPVT #1: Which name is the weirdest?
DPVT #2: Upon purchasing a 70-minute Yoga workout video for my Kindle, I notice that the first ten minutes are comprised of hot Yogi Rodney Yee posing in spandex shorts, accompanied by soft-porn lighting and pounding music. What should my reaction be?
- The perfect warmup!
- Great – ten minutes of filler. I’m on the clock here, Rodney.
- I prefer sex AFTER exercise, thank you very much!
- What was the question again?
DPVT #3: Who is the most annoying person on teevee?
- Faux victim Bristol Palin
- Faux victim Sarah Palin
- The people the Discovery Channel finds rotting in swamps, grabbing catfish with their hands and makin’ moonshine
- Donald Trump
- The Bridezillas
DPVT #4: How awesome is Widdershin Janicen (and her daughter!) for helping stop the pro-deathers in Virginia last week?
DPVT #5: A new show, entitled “Elementary,” is coming out this fall. Based on the deathless characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the series stars Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Liu as “Joan” Watson. Are we excited?
- Sorry, my favorite Sherlocks are all British actors with weird names and high cheekbones.
- Lucy Liu? Srsly?
- Stamp “Holmes” on a cereal box and I’ll eat whatever’s inside!
- It’s about time Watson was a woman!
DPVT #6: On this trip, I will be trying scuba diving for the first time. What is the most likely outcome of my outing?
- Accidentally sticking my hand in a catfish mouth and getting filmed for the Discovery Channel
- Ruining my pedicure
- Wishing for the 800,000th time that I decided to pursue marine biology
- Taking some crappy underwater pictures and inflicting them on TW
Enjoy! This is an open thread.
31 Responses to "Contemplative Wednesday: Deep Pre-Vacation Thoughts"
Comments are closed.