Lazy Sunday Music: Stop, The Music
Posted February 17, 2013on:
Good Sunday, Widdershins.
So, here we are again, back in the Land of the Giant Filibuster. As tribute to out latest Republican obstacle course, I propose that we address those songs that pay tribute to the word “stop:.
There are more of them that you think. There are beaucoup tunes with the word “stop” in the title, and a blue million more with “stop” in the lyrics. Any number of genre are included in the sounds of stop, so just dive right in here with me.
In other words, if you can;t stop them, join them in stopping. There is an outside chance that using the word “stop” repetitively may finally get someone’s attention. I know – but stop with the negativity.
This is an otherwise open thread.
(1) Stop in the Name of Love - The Supremes, 1965
(2) I Can’t Stop Loving You - Ray Charles, 1962
(3) Don’t Stop Thinking About Tomorrow - Fleetwood Mac, 1977
(4) Who’ll Stop the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival, 1970
(5) Don’t Stop - Gloria Estefan, 1998
Have a great day.
37 Responses to "Lazy Sunday Music: Stop, The Music"
Comments are closed.