MY 2013 PREDICTIONS (FOR WHATEVER IT’S WORTH)
Posted December 29, 2012on:
Congress cannot get its act together to even come close to serving the American public but instead are engaged in another “fiscal battle game of chicken” where a few moronic holdouts would rather watch the nation fall into the abyss before they would even consider raising tax rates on the very rich.
But in the “spirit” of the season, I have managed to come up with a few “predictions” of my own. Feel free to agree or disagree as yours are as good as mine as we sit and wait for the sound of us plunging off the cliff and further into despair:
1. John Boehner will be re-elected into the role of Speaker of the House not because he has done such a great job, or that his popularity has risen to new heights, but because the congressional GOP is looking at even worse candidates seeking that title and even they are not crazy enough to consider “Speaker Cantor” as a substitute.
2. The Tea Party as we know will begin to lose its clout. Should we actually find ourselves going over the “fiscal cliff” they will begin to feel the backlash their obstructionism has produced. Watch for those who originally backed this movement to put a lot of sunshine between them and their own ambitions if I read this one correctly.
3. Barack Obama will finally reveal his admiration for Richard Nixon which will put to rest all those rumors referring to him as a DINO thus validating what some of us have suspected all along.
4. Hillary Clinton will write another book thus paving the way for her run in 2016.
5. Chris Christie will either go on a serious diet or undergo lapband surgery in preparation for his announcement to do the same.
6. Climate change will continue to wreak havoc across the globe showing us that it may be too late to correct our past indifference to the warnings that went unabated.
7. The effort to ban assault weapons will eventually subside – as it always does – until the next tragedy when lip service will be paid but will eventually subside until the next tragedy.
8. Scott Brown will announce his intentions to run again for the Senate. He may very well win.
9. Michele Bachmann will announce her plans to run for the Senate. No, she hasn’t gone away.
10. The Kardashians will continue to make millions based on nothing more than having their pictures taken. Talent not a requirement.
11. Donald Trump will never STFU as long as Fox News allows him a forum to spew his crapola.
12. In the meantime, Fox will drop Sarah Palin from its lineup in hopes of raising its IQ with other “deep thinkers” like Michele Malkin and Ann Coulter.
13. The Supreme Court will rule against same sex marriage. I can feel this one in my bones.
14. The Boston Red Sox will have a better season but I’m not holding my breath.
15. Lindsay Lohan will face arrest for something.
My prediction is that very little will change in 2013. It will stand as a replay of the past 4 years where politics trumps the common good with each side vying to maintain power at the expense of the rest of us.
For the most part we will have to wait until the midterm elections in 2014 to see any change so for now it may be best to just sit back and prepare for a repeat of all we have come to despise when the word “leadership” is tossed out there like a chew toy.
The same old playbook sung to the strains of “Auld Lang Syne”.
7 Responses to "MY 2013 PREDICTIONS (FOR WHATEVER IT’S WORTH)"
Comments are closed.