Archive for August 21st, 2011
It’s hot and humid down here. The flora are pollinating at a scary pace. Couple those factors with the fact that my maxillary sinusus rival the size of the Luray Caverns and you can appreciate the fact that I’ve been prostrate on the couch for the past few days, and I’ve felt like absolute guano.
However, both the fog and the congestion are lifting, and I’m actually beginning to feel better. Therefore, today’s discussion revolves around songs of inspiration. Any kind of inspiration will do – I just need that final push into the starting gate. I’ll start out with my five, and please add lots more. I haven’t accomplished a whole helluva lot since Tuesday, and unless I’d like my to see my little bungalow featured on “Clean Sweep”, I need desperately to kick it into high gear.
(1) Reach – Gloria Estefan ( Destiny, 1996)
(2) Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammy Tyrell (1967)
(3) True Colors – Cyndi Lauper (True Colors – 1986)
(4) Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Segar (Stranger – 1978)
(5) It’s A Beautiful Day – U2 (All That You Can’t Leave Behind, 2000)
I need all the help that I can get here, Widdershins. This is also an open thread.