MW: It's National "I Told Ya So" Day!
Posted December 20, 2010on:
Hurrah! It’s the Second Annual National “I Told Ya So” Day. While we were right last year, we’re even more right this year. Just look at what has transpired over the past twelve months:
(1) Defense of warrantless wiretapping: Now we’ve added cellular phones to this practice. How festive.
(2) The United Nations: Despite being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for not being George W. Bush, Barack Obama has pretty much continued George’s practices with dissing the UN. For example, Obama has decided that American citizens may be summarily (and extrajudicial) executed.
(3) Afghanistan: The faster they come out of Iraq, the faster they seem to enter Afghanistan. Kind of a revolving door in the desert, if you please.
(4) The Health Care Whatever Bill: Yes, we passed it, whatever it might be. Now, I am pleased about the extension of coverage to policyholder’s children up to the age of 26, but beyond that I’m not so impressed. This was bargained rather than passed and women were the barter material.
(5) The Stupid Stupak Amendment: See #4. However, if I was unimpressed in #4 I am irate here at #5. Then Senator Obama assured Planned Parenthood that he did not believe in the Hyde Amendment. See where that got us?
(6) Elena Kagan: Yes, she is a very nice woman. She is, however, another careerist loyalist who seems to have spent her entire life working hard to avoid actually stating a personal opinion. If that isn’t enough, she spent the preceding year or so trying to justify some of this administration’s overreach. See #1, just for example.
(7) Whistleblower Prosecutions: It’s not a particularly happy sign when the Hudson Institute congratulates a Democratic administration for its assiduous whistleblower prosecutions. The prosecutions were pursued by #6.
(8) The Wrath of Gibbs: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We’re the “Professional Left”, all right. However, my personal Christmas moment was supplied by Keith Olbermann when he was visited by Tom Buffenbarger, who had made this prescient speech in 2008:
Mr. Olbermann asked Mr. Buffenbarger if he had come to say “I told ya so.” (What’s your best guess there, Keith?)
(9) DADT: Don’t ask – the repeal passed, but all of the heavy lifting was done by others. Further, no one is at all certain when this might actually take effect.
(10) Tax cuts for billionaires: Yes, Widdershins, this is the best Republican president that the Democrats have ever elected. Therefore, I submit a reprise of my colleague, Nurse Elliott of “Scrubs”:
Hats and horns all around! If all of this isn’t good enough, let’s remember that a total lunar eclipse begins tonight in the early wee hours of the Winter Solstice. Wonder what this next year will bring??
This is an open thread.
78 Responses to "MW: It's National "I Told Ya So" Day!"
Comments are closed.